As the New Year gets going, you’re probably thinking about the resolutions you made. New Year’s resolutions can help you achieve goals and fuel success – but they’re not all created equal. For example, many people set resolutions that are too hard to achieve or too vague and quickly give up.
I’ve come up with three resolutions you CAN keep to help make this your best year ever. If you’re ready to further your career and be successful at whatever you do, just follow these easy office organization resolutions:
Keep Your Desktop CLEAR All Year
If one of your goals is to be more organized, you can start by cleaning off your workspace.
There are several reasons a clear desk might help you succeed in business, including:
• Knowing where all of your supplies and files are makes you more efficient.
• All of the free space makes it easy to spread out documents, books, reports, or whatever else you need to get the job done.
• A clear desktop, free of clutter, makes it easier to focus on the task at hand.
• It keeps sensitive information confidential.
Develop a Paper and Electronics Document Retention Policy
Business owners are often unclear on how long a document (either paper or electronic) should be retained. As a result, they end up never throwing anything out, creating a build-up of records and unnecessary clutter.
A record retention policy categorizes information and lets you know how and where to store it based on federal, state, or other regulatory requirements.
Other benefits include:
• Knowing what you can throw out and when helps reduce costs for physical and electronic storage.
• An efficient filing or document storage system helps you to work more efficiently.
• File deletion or elimination helps free up valuable space, both electronic and physical.
Develop ONE New Productivity Habit
Want to spend less time on your everyday office activities? With the right practices, it’s possible to not only get your work done but get it done early. Being productive is just a matter of habit – and it’s easy to get started:
• Begin with something small; if your goal is too big or you attempt to change too much at once, you run the risk of becoming overwhelmed.
• Be consistent: whatever step you choose to take, make sure you do it every day.
• Don’t be complacent: as you achieve milestones, keep pushing yourself to do more.
This is just some of the value you can get when partnering with GetReorganized.com™. If you’d like more tips, advice or suggestions on how to be more productive and organized, sign up for our FREE newsletter.
Be Well. Be Organized.
Make sure you are following GetReorganized.com™ so you don’t miss out on fresh organizing tips, ideas, and inspiration!
Be #InstaOrganized! Follow us on Instagram
A pin a day keeps the organizer away! Check out our boards on Pinterest
Tweet us and follow our Twitter
Like (or love) our Facebook Page
Prefer the professional approach? We’re also on LinkedIn
Learn more about Professional Organizing at www.GetReorganized.com
Stop the procrastination and BOOK A FREE PHONE CONSULTATION